Our one year anniversary as a church is coming up next week, so I have been thinking a lot lately about what have we done well, and what could we have done better. Hindsight is always 20/20, but here are a few things that stick out to me:
1. Small Groups - our people have really imbraced the idea of doing life together. Last semester we had close to 80% participation in small groups.
2. Worship Experience - it took us a few months to find out exactly who we were, but I think we are now creating really good opportunities for people to meet God.
3. Volunteer Participation - our Dream Team has really embraced the vision and they are there every week with smiles on!
4. Kid's Ministry - those guys knock it out of the park every week! We had a children's baptism last week that was one of the best things we've ever done.
Could Do Better
1. Connection - it seems like a lot of people come and never get plugged in. I think they sometimes go out the back door because no one got to them.
2. Worship Participation - we are making great strides in this, but I would love to see everyone connecting deeper with God on Sundays and First Wednesdays.
3. Location, Location, Location - we got there - but we wondered through the desert for awhile!
I am sure that I will continue refining the list as we get closer to our 1 year celebration. There really are so many great things that I have not listed. The #1 thing: the real estate of Heaven has expanded several times in the past 11 months!