- 5 Dysfunctions Of A Team - I am going back through this with my staff. Great discussion starter!
- Choosing To Cheat - I know that I am late on this one, but Andy really nailed it! An instant addition to my counseling recommendations.
- The Big Idea - Dave and the guys at CCC continue to raise the bar on church innovation. I am actually re-reading it to digest some more.
- The Prodigal Comes Home - I couldn't actually bring myself to buy this one, so I read it in about 3 trips to Barnes & Noble. :) I was a HUGE fan of Michael English in the early 90's. I had no idea that he fell so far.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
I am a pretty big reader, but not always the most disciplined. I usually have at least 5 books going at the same time, and it is rare that I actually totally finish a book. It seems like most books repeat everything over and over! Anywho...here are a few that are grabbing my attention right now:
OK, I know that it's been awhile, but don't be playa' hatin'!! Here are some quick hits of what's going on in my little world:
- It was a fun Sunday with a lot of the college students back! There's definitely more energy in the room with those guys. Love ya NGU!!! Can't wait for Furman in a few weeks.
- Had lunch on Tuesday with the South Carolina District Superintendent of the Assembly Of God, Steve Brown. I grew up in the Assembly Of God, but have been out of it for 14 years. I really liked him...especially since he picked up the check! :)
- I am tired of thinking about buildings!!! I am ready to get back to thinking about ANYTHING but buildings.
- The public charter school that now controls the building that we are in (that's another VERY long post), started on Monday. We now have to remove anything that remotely looks religious from the auditorium every Sunday. At least we don't have to tear down everything! :)
- Our auditorium in now the gym class during the week. :(
- The church that owns our building (again...another long post...) took about 100 auditorium chairs to sell in a yard sale. This will probably be a major problem for us in a couple of weeks. We may start BYOC services soon!
- Chris posted some new tunes on his myspace. Check 'em out...
- I can't wait for our 3 year anniversary on September 9th! God has done SO much in our church over the past year. We're putting it together now, and there will be some surprises... :)
- Don't look now, but here come my Cardinals! 2 1/2 back baby!!!
- It can not be football season when it's 101 degrees outside. It just can't...