After watching Rock Star INXS last night, I have decided to do a top ten list of why Rock Star is a much better show than American Idol:
1. Actual Talent - I may be a little biased towards rock-n-roll, but these guys and girls can actually perform.
2. Better House Band - These guys rock!
3. Better Host - This host doesn't pretend that the show is about her.
4. No Obnoxious Judges - It's so nice to hear qualified comments from the band - not cheap shots for ratings.
5. No Cheesy Themes - So far they have picked great songs for them to perform. I can only pray that there will not be a disco night!
6. Better Elimination System - What a concept - let the qualified people make the final call!
7. More Background Info - It's great to see the contestants rehearse and work out the songs. You can see the hard work that goes into the performances.
8. No Paula Abdul - No explanation needed.
9. They Can Play Instruments! - The one thing that I really liked about Nashville Star.
10. No William Hung - They took 15 great performers and put them on the stage. That's all we need.