Saturday, January 12, 2008

YouVersion

I posted awhile back about how my daily Bible reading has transitioned to the computer. I hardly ever, except for Sundays, pick up an actual Bible. I wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing until the guys at LifeChurch.tv came out with YouVersion.com. This is a great, great tool for online Bible study.

I have never actually read through the Bible in a year. I have started a couple of times and lost it somewhere on the path. This year I am doing it through YouVersion's yearly plan. It also allows you to journal your thoughts as you are reading. That was the one thing that I felt like I was missing with electronic reading. You can also upload videos, pictures, mp3's...all to enhance the passage you just read. That's pretty sweet.

You can start your yearly plan by clicking here.

2 comments:

Rick said...

I still like having pages, a ribbon for marking my spot, margins to take notes with a pen, etc. I do my study searches online with youversion.com, ebible.com, and blueletterbible.com - but my actual reading has got to be analog :)

Mendy said...

That's neat, Chris. I like the site.