Saturday, January 12, 2008

David Crowder Band

I just got back from my first David Crowder Band concert. A few observations of the show:
  • I haven't sat on a pew in church in a LONG time. Luckily, we stood most of the time. :)
  • The opening band was not very good. I guess that can be a good thing?
  • We are getting old. Jenny and I used to be cool (at least we thought so).
  • David Crowder was great! Anyone that can play a lime green keytar and a Guitar Hero guitar in one set, is my hero.
  • The lighting was fantastic. They used the moving lights to enhance the worship, not distract from it.
  • Video consisted of one screen with white letters over a black background. Surprisingly minimalist compared to the lighting. The projector didn't even fill the whole screen.
  • The guy is a great performer, as well as a worshiper. He proves that you can do both in the right setting.
  • We snuck out during the youth pastor's talk for some "Shrimp On The Barbie" at Outback. Totally worth it. :)

1 comment:

Ross White said...

I'll try to be happy for you...I'm watching the kids!