Sunday, June 10, 2007

Deep Thoughts

My life has been unbelievably crazy the last few weeks. I think I can see some margin coming, though. If it doesn't, I may be going to join Paris Hilton - soon! Here's the latest:

  • I have been in between assistants for the past couple of weeks. My last one went all celebrity on us! :) Our new assistant starts tomorrow - and I am very excited!!! Welcome to the team Cara!
  • I spent the past week at the coolest church that you have probably never heard of. I helped facilitate a Leadership Network Community at Heartland Community Church in Rockford, IL. Somebody asked me the other day if I though that video churches could grow very big. Until about a year ago, Heartland was showing video messages from Willowcreek 80-90% of the time. They are 9 years old and have over 6000 people coming on a weekend! They literally bought a 350,000 sq. ft. mall in the middle of Rockford, and turned it into one of the coolest church buildings that I have ever been in. 26,000 sq. ft. of it is just for production space. They have 90 50" plasmas around the building! 65,000 sq. ft. of the space is used just for storage and set building for their monthly kid's program. Yeah - I think this video thing just might work.
  • My wife and 2 little girls are camping with the grandparents in Texas this week. I HATE being in the house by myself for a week. I HATE camping even more. I'm just saying...
  • My brother Geoff was in Hawaii this week doing some consulting. He sucks. :)
  • I have been to Chicago twice in the past 3 months. I have been stranded overnight both times. I don't have good thoughts about Chicago right now...
  • Another local pastor chose to spend his summer sabbatical at Seacoast. I think that's very cool. I pray that we were able to be a blessing to him and his family.
  • Today was another phenomenal Sunday. God continues to bless beyond my understanding.
  • The iPhone drops in 2 1/2 weeks! Can anybody say - Father's Day?

No comments: