Saturday, May 13, 2006

The Pen Is Mightier Than The Computer

I love computers. I spend all day working on one at my desk, and then I go home and crack open my laptop for the evening. I have a Treo 650 for my phone that I have been known to occasionally glance at emails with in the car (don't tell anyone!). My job with Leadership Network is to build real-time websites during their Leadership Communities. I cannot imagine my life without some sort of a computer within at least 5 feet of me at all times. Yet, when I sit down to work on a message or craft a set-list, I use a good 'ole pen & paper. I have used notebooks lying all over my desk! It's something about the freedom of a pen and paper that allows me to be the most creative. I don't know if it's because I grew up basically without a computer, or if there is something more to it - but does anyone else work this way?

1 comment:

Chris Cree said...

I'm the total opposite. My eyes glaze over when I try to write something with a pen and paper. But I come alive in front of a computer keyboard. Maybe its because I grew up with computers (my dad was a programmer from the days of punch cards). Or maybe if I could draw anything beyond the most rudimentary stick figures, it might be different.