Sunday, August 30, 2009

Goin' To Nashville



It's been awhile since I've done this "blog" thing, so you may have to bear with me. I have now been trained to think in only 140 characters. :-)

After 15 amazing years at Seacoast Church - the last 5 as Campus Pastor at the Greenville campus - I have accepted the call to join the awesome staff at Cross Point Church in Nashville, TN. My official title will be Pastor of Spiritual Formation, where I will oversee community groups and help with multi-site strategy. Cross Point currently has 2 campuses and is launching 2 more in the next few months.

I am very excited to join Pete Wilson, Jenni Catron, and the entire Cross Point staff. They are doing an incredible work in the Nashville area. I have been an admirer from afar for a couple of years, and I can't wait to soon be serving side-by-side with them.

This has not been an easy decision. It has required many, many hours of prayer and Godly counsel. I absolutely love Seacoast and it has been my privilege to serve the Greenville campus over the past 5 years. We will miss the people and leaders in Greenville deeply. I feel confident that Seacoast Greenville is in great shape with great leadership in place. I was probably just getting in the way! :-)

My brothers Greg and Geoff, have been awesome through this entire process. They have walked it with us over the last few months as we wrestled with what was God's direction for our life. Geoff came up today and helped me announce it to our congregation. They have both been very supportive through all of it.

So now we will work on transitioning our life to Nashville. My last Sunday at Seacoast will be September 13. We are praying for a quick sale of our house. If anyone would like a nice home in Greenville, please let me know. We will throw the dog in as a bonus door prize. :-)

Oh, and if Keith Urban needs a session keyboard player, I'll be in town...

13 comments:

GregAtkinson.com said...

Congratulations!

Michael Levitt said...

Prayers on your upcoming move, and blessings to you and your family!

Unknown said...

Way to go Chris! You're joining a great team, doing a great work, in a great city! God bless.

~ Jim Botts

Rick said...

Congratulations - sounds like a wonderful adventure.

Jenni Catron said...

We're so excited about this next season of ministry for you guys... we get the blessing of being a part of it!

Rachel said...

Welcome to Cross Point!! You are going to LOVE it. I'm a member and have found a 'family away from home' in the amazing staff and other members of the church! I'm currently living in New Zealand, but look forward to meeting you once I return back to the States late next year! Good luck on the move...

Anne Jackson said...

Looking forward to having you here!

Pete Wilson said...

I'll continue to pray for a healthy transition!

Rich Butler said...

We will miss you in this city! Your friendship, leadership and listening ear will be missed. I can't be more excited about your new journey. I guess I will have to start reading blogs again. The CRCC community will certainly be praying for you and will not stop encouraging and supporting SeaCoast in it's pursuit of seeing Jesus made famous in our city!

Unknown said...

Congratulations and blessings to you, Jenny and the girls. Seacoast Greenville remains a very special place in my heart. I'll be praying for a quick sale of your home, been there, done that! God's timing is always "on time" !

Anonymous said...

Hey bro,

I can't wait to have you and your family around here on a regular basis. I am certain that you are going to add a ton to our church family and our Cross Point team.

We are praying hard for you.

Blake

Pedro Garcia Millan said...

I hate to break it to you grampa, but the moloch axis demoniacs have taken over your sweet America with a so-called democratic tyranny. I know, i know it's hard to believe that both Democrats & Republicans are one-and-the-same piece of poop, but it be true.

You see, these malignant men & women worship & serve the demon moloch and do his bidding. They blew up a few buildings and killed a few thousand good people and blamed it on some Arabs (90% of which are alive & walking free in the middle east) and thereafter they imposed the Homeland Security Department & passed the Patriot Act to further control the citizenry.

They are also chemically spraying in a grid pattern up in the sky over every major city, thus poisoning us with heavy elements and blaming that on global warming to further tax us with their cap & trade policies.

The time has come for GOOD to STOP Evil because IF Good does nothing then Evil has already triumphed.

I sometimes wonder WHY when i pray to God to wipe off the face of the earth all of the occult (which includes the moloch axis demoniacs obviously) he does NOTHING????? Why do you thing that is grandpa?

Let me know WHAT you think and thank you in advance :)

Have a GREAT new year in 2010.

Learn online said...

thanks for sharing this wonderful article. We are providing best roadrunner customer care support, roadrunner helpline, Contact roadrunner how to contact roadrunner Support