Tuesday, June 03, 2008

OnePrayer

I am really excited about kicking off the OnePrayer series this weekend at Seacoast. I think that it is an unprecedented opportunity to connect with churches around the world on the same mission. We are starting things off with Craig Groeschel's prayer that God will make us one. Powerful stuff.

There are over 1200 churches that are participating in the series, and I am curious about the churches that are not. What drove the decision to not be a part of it? I am not condemning, just completely curious.

Anyone...anyone?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Top Ten Reasons:

5. As soon as Anne Jackson quit that lifechurch.tv we quit!
4. I pray without ceasing.
3. Can anything good come out of OK?
2. I really like it when Deacon bill fills in for the Pastor during the summer...he is funny, in a boring way.
1. Video? What the heck is a Video?

Anonymous said...

I'm curious to see Shawn's other five...

That made me laugh out loud.

I know several people who were unable to do it (currently) because they had planned out and had logistics in motion for the summer already.

Ross White said...

There's not enough time to exegete the doctrinal statements of the other 1,200 churches.

Anonymous said...

One what? Never heard of it.

No...seriously....Our pastor is on Sabbatical until July and we have had guest speakers scheduled for a LONG time. If not we would have joined in. I can't wait to see how it goes....very cool idea. Love to see the walls come down.

Rich

David Rudd said...

not as funny as shawn...

we have our sermon calendar planned out at least a year in advance, and while we are flexible enough to make changes when appropriate, 6 of the last 9 weeks have been different guys in the pulpit...

had we planned on one prayer earlier, we probably would have done less of that leading in.

in other words, we didn't know in time...