Saturday, March 11, 2006

T.H.S.

Our COO at Seacoast, Byron Davis, has a favorite saying when he feels like someone is not setting God-sized goals for their area of ministry. It has become known around Seacoast as simply - T.H.S. - which stands for: Tiny Heart Syndrome.

I hate setting attendance goals. After doing this thing for 18 months, I have discovered that sometimes you just don't know what God is going to do in different seasons. We have gone through stretches where growth in attendance was just not happening. I can sometimes look back and know why - you have to be prepared for growth before it happens. Sometimes, I have no clue.

For the past few months we have been growing quickly. I looked at our 2006 goals today and realized that we passed our attendance goal for the year - last month! I had a sudden attack of T.H.S. God-sized dreams deserve God-sized goals. Why is that so hard to do?

No comments: