Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Giving Hope, Giving Life

I know that I have not posted a lot about the church lately. I am not a big fan of the 'hype' style of blogging that seams to dominate these days. It probably has it's place, but that's not really who I am.

However...I do get very excited about life change and serving the community. We had a 2 hour outreach meeting this morning and there are some really cool things planned for this year. Our community may be sick of us by December! It starts this Saturday with our Giving Hope, Giving Life outreach from 12-3pm at the church. Here are just a few of the things that we are doing:
  • Easter Egg Hunt
  • Lots o' food
  • Jump castles for kids (and me)
  • Free oil changes for single moms
  • Free car wash and detailing
  • Free massages
  • Free dental screenings
  • Free medical screenings
  • Free financial seminars
  • Free job interviewing seminars
  • Free business clothes for job interviews
Did you notice the theme there? Everything is FREE! And this is not some scheme to get you to sign up for the real stuff that costs later. We have people in our church that are doctors, nurses, dentists and business leaders and are giving their time and expertise to just be Jesus in the community.

I think that's worth the hype.

No comments: